I can’t remember the last time I made a New Years resolution. I tend not to follow through with them. (I think that’s the case for many people)
This time, I have decided I should make a few really easy ones, maybe a couple of slightly challenging ones, and one tough one.
- Finish reading Light -- Science & Magic. I started it in the summer and I’m so close to finishing it.
- Start and finish reading Theo Fleury’s Playing With Fire that I got for Christmas.
- Ride my bike at least once per week starting in the spring (once the snow is gone), and through the summer. I did it the year before last and it was awesome. Last summer I got a case of the lazys. :( This will help with The Tough One.
- Drink more water. Again, this will help with The Tough One. I really do not drink enough water, or any liquids for that matter.
- Shoot more photos! I don’t do it nearly enough lately. Maybe that’s in part due to the fact that it’s winter and takes more effort to get off my ass and outside. ;)
The Tough One:
- Lose weight. My goal is 200lbs. That works out to about 5½ lbs per month to hit that by next year. Possible? We’ll see. One month at a time is all it takes. My idea is to not necessarily focus so much on what I eat, but more on how much I eat. Naturally, I’ll eat healthier stuff, but I’m not going to eliminate some of the foods I like. I’ll just eat less of them. If I cut all of that out, I’ll be miserable and give up.
It feels great to not put down “Quit Smoking” as a resolution for the first time in forever, because I kicked that bitch out of my life almost a year ago. :)