Almost 50 weeks and 58lbs later, I finally beat my weight loss goal this morning. At 209.2lbs, I am the same weight that I was in the mid-80s. That equates to 5" off my chest, 3½" off my hips, 2" off my neck and 7½" off my waist.
I've been battling weight issues for most of my life and this is another victory for me. :) But it didn't come without some help. I owe thanks to...
- Xbox 360 & Kinect for getting me motivated. It put fun into exercise. Seriously.
- Ubisoft's Your Shape Fitness Evolved game (despite bugs that still aren't fixed... hint hint)
- LiveStrong.com for helping me track calorie intake. Being more aware of what goes into me was important.
- My tape measure. When the pounds stopped dropping, seeing the inches continue to come off helped keep me going.
- My addiction to cycling this past summer. What else can I say? It's fun.
- My brain for not letting me stray too far. Too many plateaus to mention, but I knew this day would eventually arrive.
- My T-shirt hording tendency. Nothing motivates you more than seeing a "One day it's gonna fit me!" T-shirt finally fit.
- Successfully beating nicotine addiction almost 3 years ago. I knew if I could beat that addiction, I could lose weight.
- My family and friends for the support. Even when they told me to stop because "You don't need to lose anyone." :)
Part of me would still like to make it to 200lbs, as I had originally planned, so I'm still going to try and continue with my current progress. However, I won't be as concerned about small fluctuations with my weight.